Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: 69 Buick Special Deluxe 2 door post 14,800 miles


2 Door Post Power User!

Status: Offline
Posts: 13875
Date:
69 Buick Special Deluxe 2 door post 14,800 miles
Permalink  
 


When you get sick of looking at the Buick Rallye Wheels with the Redlines....you can easily put on a set of all Black Wall Tire with Dog Dishes.

I like them both....and I have 3, 4 an 5 sets of different wheel / tire combo`s that I like to switch on and off....as it changes the look of the car very quickly and easily.

Dan



-- Edited by Postsedan on Thursday 9th of July 2015 12:41:53 PM

__________________

**SITE MODERATOR**

1969 Chevelle 300 Deluxe Post Sedan Frost Green

1970 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Gulfstream Blue

Owner of the 1969 SS396 300 Deluxe Post Sedan Registry

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 139
Date:
Permalink  
 

Postsedan wrote:

When you get sick of looking at the Buick Rallye Wheels with the Redlines....you can easily put on a set of all Black Wall Tire with Dog Dishes.

I like them both....and I have 3, 4 an 5 sets of different wheel / tire combo`s that I like to switch on and off....as it changes the look of the car very quickly and easily.

Dan



-- Edited by Postsedan on Thursday 9th of July 2015 12:41:53 PM

I was thinking some cookie cutter Cragar SS's in front with some black steelies out back with a pair of repro Cheater Slicks


 



__________________

1969 Buick GS400 father son project

1963 Biscayne 2dr sedan drag car project



2 Door Post Power User!

Status: Offline
Posts: 13875
Date:
Permalink  
 

Works for me

Dan

__________________

**SITE MODERATOR**

1969 Chevelle 300 Deluxe Post Sedan Frost Green

1970 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Gulfstream Blue

Owner of the 1969 SS396 300 Deluxe Post Sedan Registry

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw



Uber-Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1033
Date:
Permalink  
 

W31Killer wrote:
Postsedan wrote:

When you get sick of looking at the Buick Rallye Wheels with the Redlines....you can easily put on a set of all Black Wall Tire with Dog Dishes.

I like them both....and I have 3, 4 an 5 sets of different wheel / tire combo`s that I like to switch on and off....as it changes the look of the car very quickly and easily.

Dan



-- Edited by Postsedan on Thursday 9th of July 2015 12:41:53 PM

I was thinking some cookie cutter Cragar SS's in front with some black steelies out back with a pair of repro Cheater Slicks


 That look will have it nailed. 


 



__________________

1962 Dodge Dart max wedge,1963 Ford 300 496 ,1964 Chevrolet c10,1965 Pontiac Catalina,1966 L72 Biscayne,1969 Buick Special 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 713
Date:
Permalink  
 

W31Killer wrote:
Clarkie wrote:

Hey Tom, I know I am biased, but that Buick of yours would look killer with steelies and dog dishes.  It may be the popular thing to do these days, but I wouldn't have my car any other way.  I liked doggies when doggies weren't cool.

Jeez, it's difficult to say what I'm trying to say without making it sound like I don't like your set-up.  I do, and I know this is a looooong way from your first rodeo, as they say.  It is a cool car, with a pretty cool story.


 

If the whole automotive hobby wouldn't have jumped on the "me too" dog dish bandwagon, I would have run them. I have been a big fan of them myself, and ran them on quite a few cars I've built.  I purposely didn't run them because today the dog dish thing is overdone. It used to be you ran dog dishes to make your car different, today you have to run rally wheels, ss mags, magnum 500's to make your car look different.

Don't get me wrong, I like them and still think they're cool, but to me they are kind of like the rat rod craze, here today gone tomorrow. Burned out on seeing them.


 I kind of suspected that was your thought process behind running the Rally wheels.  They do seem to be more prominent these days.  Oh well, I'm anything but trendy, so I will continue to run my doggies even when they're no longer cool.  I do have a set of Rallies for mine laying in wait, but I'll leave them on the rack for now.  



__________________

Brad Clarke

Dreamin' of a '66 Biscayne



Uber-Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1033
Date:
Permalink  
 

Clarkie wrote:
W31Killer wrote:
Clarkie wrote:

Hey Tom, I know I am biased, but that Buick of yours would look killer with steelies and dog dishes.  It may be the popular thing to do these days, but I wouldn't have my car any other way.  I liked doggies when doggies weren't cool.

Jeez, it's difficult to say what I'm trying to say without making it sound like I don't like your set-up.  I do, and I know this is a looooong way from your first rodeo, as they say.  It is a cool car, with a pretty cool story.


 

If the whole automotive hobby wouldn't have jumped on the "me too" dog dish bandwagon, I would have run them. I have been a big fan of them myself, and ran them on quite a few cars I've built.  I purposely didn't run them because today the dog dish thing is overdone. It used to be you ran dog dishes to make your car different, today you have to run rally wheels, ss mags, magnum 500's to make your car look different.

Don't get me wrong, I like them and still think they're cool, but to me they are kind of like the rat rod craze, here today gone tomorrow. Burned out on seeing them.


 I kind of suspected that was your thought process behind running the Rally wheels.  They do seem to be more prominent these days.  Oh well, I'm anything but trendy, so I will continue to run my doggies even when they're no longer cool.  I do have a set of Rallies for mine laying in wait, but I'll leave them on the rack for now.  


 My vote is trends come and go but dog dish caps and steel wheels will always stand out. the 5 cars I own only have dog dish and steel wheels and I doubt that will ever change. Your car is bitching cool by the way



__________________

1962 Dodge Dart max wedge,1963 Ford 300 496 ,1964 Chevrolet c10,1965 Pontiac Catalina,1966 L72 Biscayne,1969 Buick Special 



2 Door Post Power User!

Status: Offline
Posts: 13875
Date:
Permalink  
 

Mark - Gets it!

Dan

__________________

**SITE MODERATOR**

1969 Chevelle 300 Deluxe Post Sedan Frost Green

1970 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Gulfstream Blue

Owner of the 1969 SS396 300 Deluxe Post Sedan Registry

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw



Super Star!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7908
Date:
Permalink  
 

I have 2 sets of rims for my Biscayne so far, and will likely have a couple more sets in stash just so I can quickly change up its look.

__________________

It's easier to apologize than to ask for permission!

1965 Biscayne: 350, PG, 12-Bolt. PS, PB.

1970 Chevelle Malibu: 53 on 753.

Brian Daniel McClure: 1970-2015. R.I.P. Brother.



Super Star!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7908
Date:
Permalink  
 

Cragars are DEF on my list of must have's.



__________________

It's easier to apologize than to ask for permission!

1965 Biscayne: 350, PG, 12-Bolt. PS, PB.

1970 Chevelle Malibu: 53 on 753.

Brian Daniel McClure: 1970-2015. R.I.P. Brother.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 139
Date:
Permalink  
 

v-8 transformation has begun.

I have found stuff on this car I've never seen before, but then again this is the first 14,800 mile 46 year old car I've owned.

Lot's of paint dabs, part numbers, spring tags, cowl panel inspection decals,etc.  Pretty clean Delco brakes.



Attachments
__________________

1969 Buick GS400 father son project

1963 Biscayne 2dr sedan drag car project



Uber-Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1299
Date:
Permalink  
 

V8 transformation sounds great to me. Love the originality of your car, others will want to use it as a reference.

__________________

Kevin

1964 Buick Special Deluxe SOLD

 1973 Chevelle SS L48 350

M20 4 -speed

all numbers-matching



Uber-Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1838
Date:
Permalink  
 

what a gem smile



__________________

dave

'69 belair 2dr 454 M20



Super Star!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7908
Date:
Permalink  
 

Very clean Buick you have there.

__________________

It's easier to apologize than to ask for permission!

1965 Biscayne: 350, PG, 12-Bolt. PS, PB.

1970 Chevelle Malibu: 53 on 753.

Brian Daniel McClure: 1970-2015. R.I.P. Brother.



2 Door Post Power User!

Status: Offline
Posts: 13875
Date:
Permalink  
 

I love looking at survivor cars.....lots to be learned.

Dan

__________________

**SITE MODERATOR**

1969 Chevelle 300 Deluxe Post Sedan Frost Green

1970 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Gulfstream Blue

Owner of the 1969 SS396 300 Deluxe Post Sedan Registry

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 585
Date:
Permalink  
 

i love 69 B s when they have  side vent windowsbiggrin



__________________

1967  Beaumont 2 door post  3 options 283     V 8  P G   AM radio

1965  Chev Bel Air 4 door  230  3 on the  tree,  very basic

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 139
Date:
Permalink  
 

A lot has happened since my last post. Good friend of mine fixed the "ole lady rub" that was on the driver side. I have cleaned and painted/detailed the underside of the car from the firewall to the back bumper. Removed the original open rear, and replaced it with a 72 8.5" 10 bolt with a 4.10 gear and positraction. I boxed the upper and lower control arms, and installed polyurethane bushings.
removed the factory 5/16 fuel line that was running down the wrong side of the car(The Chevy side, the WRONG side) Replaced with 3/8 line. New rubber brake line hoses,new wheel cylinders, and reused the 14,800 mile brake shoes and hardware.

Now onto cleaning and painting front suspension,install Buick v8 motor mounts, then it's time to drop the engine and trans in, and start thinking about wrapping this up in the next month or so. Might pull the engine back out after cam break-in, and take it on a trip to Lansing to meet up with Dan Jensen, and have him Dyno tune the 350 at Piece motorsports at a Dyno session.



Attachments
__________________

1969 Buick GS400 father son project

1963 Biscayne 2dr sedan drag car project



2 Door Post Power User!

Status: Offline
Posts: 13875
Date:
Permalink  
 

Tom,

Excellent results

I am confused.....how did a 14K 0riginal Buick get the fuel line on the wrong side?

Dan Jensen will squeeze every ounce of HP from your Buick.....he is really good at what he does.

Dan

__________________

**SITE MODERATOR**

1969 Chevelle 300 Deluxe Post Sedan Frost Green

1970 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Gulfstream Blue

Owner of the 1969 SS396 300 Deluxe Post Sedan Registry

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw



Uber-Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1590
Date:
Permalink  
 

W31Killer wrote:

A lot has happened since my last post. Good friend of mine fixed the "ole lady rub" that was on the driver side. I have cleaned and painted/detailed the underside of the car from the firewall to the back bumper. Removed the original open rear, and replaced it with a 72 8.5" 10 bolt with a 4.10 gear and positraction. I boxed the upper and lower control arms, and installed polyurethane bushings.
removed the factory 5/16 fuel line that was running down the wrong side of the car(The Chevy side, the WRONG side) Replaced with 3/8 line. New rubber brake line hoses,new wheel cylinders, and reused the 14,800 mile brake shoes and hardware.

Now onto cleaning and painting front suspension,install Buick v8 motor mounts, then it's time to drop the engine and trans in, and start thinking about wrapping this up in the next month or so. Might pull the engine back out after cam break-in, and take it on a trip to Lansing to meet up with Dan Jensen, and have him Dyno tune the 350 at Piece motorsports at a Dyno session.


 

Hi Tom, If you do decide to dyno it I would love love love love an invitation to pit crew/buy coffee and soak up some of the hundreds of years of combined experience on tap!!!!!!! I can be there with 5 hours notice!!!!!

W-31 Killer Love it!!!!

Ryan



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 139
Date:
Permalink  
 

That was before, this is after..............

In the older pic (outside with wheel covers) if you look for it you can see how the lip of the fender(rear portion of wheel well lip) was pushed in below the ventiports, it was subtle, and hard to see from some angles, but was in close to 1 1/2 inch at the worst spot.

My friend Bryan is a true craftsman, and darn near metal finished it, actually he darn near had everything bumped perfect, needing only the thinnest application of body filler.



-- Edited by W31Killer on Thursday 4th of February 2016 09:13:56 PM

Attachments
__________________

1969 Buick GS400 father son project

1963 Biscayne 2dr sedan drag car project



Uber-Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1800
Date:
Permalink  
 

Really looks nice. Amazing workmanship. What sort of times are you aiming for with the 350?

__________________

68 L72 Biscayne My Way- fixes, changes and upgrades - https://www.flickr.com/photos/9729183@N02/sets/72157650578618747/

http://twodoorpost.activeboard.com/t59692612/my-68-biscayne-as-i-received-it-and-recent-fixes-and-upgrade/

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 613  >  Last»  | Page of 13  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Support 2doorpost!
Select Amount:
.
.
.

.
.
.